Gael is one of North America’s most sought-after speakers on living with hearing loss. Her signature solo shows Ear Rage! and Unheard Voices are hilarious and moving performances that take an audience into the heart of one of the fastest growing health issues in the world today.
In addition to her renowned keynote performances, Gael specializes in small group workshops for youth with hearing loss, educational sessions for adults (both hard of hearing and ‘hearing’), and corporate sensitivity and communication workshops. Gael is also a trained speechreading instructor. When time permits, she enjoys working with small groups of hard of hearing people to share communication strategies for a successful life with hearing loss.
Gael draws on a lifetime of experience. Her work touches every aspect of life: growing up hard of hearing, going through school, in social situations, the challenges of hearing loss in the workplace and, most importantly, the effects of hearing loss on relationships, especially those of being a mother and a life partner.
Who Can Benefit from Gael’s Hearing Loss Workshops?
- Adults: hard of hearing, late-deafened, hearing
- Youth in high school and university
- Hearing healthcare providers and students – Audiologists, Hearing Instrument Specialists, Speech-Language
- Pathologists, Communication Disorders Assistants
- Service providers in all fields who may have clients with hearing loss
- Health Workers
- Government offices
- Anyone who wishes to understand the impact of hearing loss and to learn strategies for improved communication.